Providing the structure to give your business a focused purpose and direction. That strategy will guide the key areas of your business and serve as the linchpin for investing in and managing your own profitable growth.
We all work “IN our business” daily, but are you and your team working “ON your business?” Can you look back over the last 12 months and point to specific initiatives that made your company stronger; more competitive, more profitable? Do you have a long-term vision articulated, specific improvements outlined, metrics to assess the progress, and a process in place for communicating progress to the entire business?
Strategic Planning is often overlooked and under-valued, and running your business doesn’t always leave time to plan for your business. Striving for growth or improvement without setting clearly defined goals can leave your business adrift and unfocused. Without that focus, every day will seem more challenging than the last. DVIRC is ready to help you get on track and moving forward.
The DVIRC Difference
DVIRC has worked with hundreds of manufacturers on strategic goal setting. Our experienced team will take you through a disciplined approach that answers four basic questions: Where are you going, where are you today, what needs to be accomplished, and how will we get there?
We will work with you and your team to determine the challenges that stand in your way, and help you craft a plan that will take you from where you are now to where you want to be. Together, we will:
- Develop a shared vision of the future and summarize it into key themes
- Understand the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the business
- Outline the core competencies of your team, products, and operational capabilities
- Develop the “Vital Few” things to work on — the key goals for performance and improvements needed over the next 12 months
- Translate these “Vital Few” into S.M.A.R.T. (specific, measurable actionable, results oriented, time bound) goals
- Establish a periodic reporting and follow-up method that keeps those goals on track
- A clear vision with specific improvement goals that can be shared across the entire organization
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that are tied to operational and financial performance
- Greater level of buy-in and accountability from the management team that decreases the load on the president/owner
- A company culture that is aligned with your vision
- Profitable growth that is measured and monitored
Business strategy is far from a dying art and is applicable for companies of every size. it is essential to sustainable, profitable growth…and it also requires the right partner to guide the way.