This certification course provides a refined package for those looking to drive change and design a Lean culture. It teaches management skills that will allow participants to lead their company’s transformation into a Lean Enterprise.
During this 7 day training course, attendees will take part in sessions to discuss:
- Effective Communication
- Training Within Industry (TWI)
- Job Methods
- Job Instructions
- Coaching Day
- Kata – A learning methodology that teaches how to use a structured coaching approach to drive continuous improvement thinking and acting, down to the contributor level.
- Change and Visual Management
- Coaching Day
- Project Report-Out
- Additional on-site, one-on-one consulting session with the trainer to assess progress, coach through challenges, and identify any outstanding issues. Date to be determined at a mutually agreed upon time between participant and trainer.
Lean Certification for Leaders Preview
Who Should Take This Course
This class will be designed for manufacturing leaders interested in changing the culture of their company. This could include any leadership position from the CEO to a first-line supervisor, but the course focuses on those who set and lead policy changes at the company level.
Ways to Take This Course
In Person Training • On-Demand Training
Why Lean Certification for Leaders?
This course is designed to give participants the necessary tools to help them become culture change agents and improve companies from being reactive to proactive. During the course, each participant will complete a project unique to their company to solve a business improvement problem. This class also encourages interaction with other learners to share ideas for improvements across different companies and industries.
The DVIRC Difference
This course takes elements from DVIRC’s Level One Lean Certification course and concentrates on the specific skills needed to improve a company’s culture. DVIRC’s unique program allows participants to develop the necessary skills in a significantly reduced amount of time and financial investment. It is also the only program in the Delaware Valley that solely focuses on the leadership elements of Lean. Our experts provide the essential training needed to recognize additional opportunities to implement Continuous Improvement practices within an organization.
Using our unique learn and apply method, attendees will have the ability to practice these tools in a guided, simulated environment, working on a project specific to their company. The course is taught by a Master Black Belt who also devotes individual coaching time to each student and his/her project.
Benefits of Lean Certification for Leaders
- Learn how to plan for change, and learn proven tips, techniques, and tools for managing and sustaining it
- Lean how to make problem conditions visual to illuminate issues and enable you to solve them more quickly
- Develop a systematic approach to workplace organization
- Learn to move from an “event-driven” to a “daily-driven” culture that allows for rapid response to meet the changing demands of the marketplace
- Establish a clear understanding of current conditions
- Increase your ability to effectively communicate an organizational vision and strategy
- Learn to drive sustainable results
- Develop people using the Kata methodology
- Reduce lead times, inventory levels, and reveal hidden capacity
- Lead and develop a culture of experimentation and continual improvement
- Have one-on-one coaching time with the Master Black Belt course instructor
- Apply what they learn to an actual Continuous Improvement project at their facility to develop solutions to eliminate waste
- Network and learn from peers
Meet Your Instructor
Director of Lean/Continuous Improvement Services, Master Black Belt
Alan Shell is the Director of Lean/Continuous Improvement Services at DVIRC. He is responsible for facilitating organizations in their Continuous Improvement journey utilizing his Master Black Belt skills in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing. This involves on-site training and collaboration, as well as leading public training and education courses and certifications held at DVIRC.
Enroll as a Team in Lean Certification for Leaders
Interested in holding a program for your team, at your pace, and in your facilities? Complete the informational form and one of our representatives will contact you shortly.
Cancellations received up to 5 business days prior to class start date will not be charged the training fee, or will be refunded if payment has already been submitted. Cancellations 1-3 business days prior to class will be charged the training fee. As a courtesy, we will allow you to apply 50% of your payment towards a future training course within one year of the cancellation date. No refund will be provided for same-day cancellations and no-shows; customer is responsible for full payment without future training credit. Registrant substitutions may be made at any time. Cancellations must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 215-552-3827.