Why Lean Leadership Certification?
This course is designed to give participants the necessary tools to help them become culture change agents and improve companies from being reactive to proactive. During the course, each participant will complete a project unique to their company to solve a business improvement problem. This class also encourages interaction with other learners to share ideas for improvements across different companies and industries.
The DVIRC Difference
This course takes elements from DVIRC’s Level One Lean Certification course and concentrates on the specific skills needed to improve a company’s culture. DVIRC’s unique program allows participants to develop the necessary skills in a significantly reduced amount of time and financial investment. It is also the only program in the Delaware Valley that solely focuses on the leadership elements of Lean. Our experts provide the essential training needed to recognize additional opportunities to implement Continuous Improvement practices within an organization.
Using our unique learn and apply method, attendees will have the ability to practice these tools in a guided, simulated environment, working on a project specific to their company. The course is taught by a Master Black Belt who also devotes individual coaching time to each student and his/her project.
Specific Workshops Included in this Six Sigma Leadership Certification
- Effective Communication
- Training Within Industry (TWI)
- Job Methods
- Job Instructions
- Coaching Day
- A learning methodology that teaches how to use a structured coaching approach to drive continuous improvement thinking and acting, down to the contributor level.
- Change and Visual Management
- Coaching Day
- Project Report-Out
- Additional on-site, one-on-one consulting session with the trainer to assess progress, coach through challenges, and identify any outstanding issues. Date to be determined at a mutually agreed upon time between participant and trainer.
Who Should Take This Lean Leader Training?
This class will be designed for manufacturing leaders interested in changing the culture of their company. This could include any leadership position from the CEO to a first-line supervisor, but the course focuses on those who set and lead policy changes at the company level.
Benefits of the Lean Leader Certification
On average, each project can yield up to $50,000 in cost savings!
In this course, participants will:
- Learn how to plan for change, and learn proven tips, techniques, and tools for managing and sustaining it
- Lean how to make problem conditions visual to illuminate issues and enable you to solve them more quickly
- Develop a systematic approach to workplace organization
- Learn to move from an “event-driven” to a “daily-driven” culture that allows for rapid response to meet the changing demands of the marketplace
- Establish a clear understanding of current conditions
- Increase your ability to effectively communicate an organizational vision and strategy
- Learn to drive sustainable results
- Develop people using the Kata methodology
- Reduce lead times, inventory levels, and reveal hidden capacity
- Lead and develop a culture of experimentation and continual improvement
- Have one-on-one coaching time with the Master Black Belt course instructor
- Apply what they learn to an actual Continuous Improvement project at their facility to develop solutions to eliminate waste
- Network and learn from peers