Manufacturing is the backbone of the American economy, providing high-paying jobs and driving innovation. Yet, despite its importance, the industry faces a significant challenge: a shortage of skilled workers. That’s why we’re thrilled to announce the creation of the DVIRC Dream Team!
The DVIRC Dream Team is the newest addition to the PA Dream Teams, presented and managed by the Manufacturers Resource Center (MRC) in Allentown, PA.
DVIRC is bringing this career awareness program right here to Southeastern Pennsylvania, convening young manufacturing professionals from area companies to share their passion for the industry with the next generation of workers. By visiting targeted high schools, these ambassadors provide students, teachers, and administrators with an inside look at the requirements and rewards of a career in manufacturing.
The goal of the program is to inspire the next generation of manufacturing professionals and address the skills gap in the industry. By showcasing the opportunities and benefits of a career in manufacturing, the DVIRC Dream Team helps to attract young people to the industry and ensure its long-term success.
Manufacturers can expect a number of benefits from the DVIRC Dream Team program.
- First, it provides them with an opportunity to support the future of their industry by investing in the next generation of workers.
- Second, it provides manufacturers with a platform to showcase their company and the opportunities available in their field.
- Finally, it allows manufacturers to build relationships with high schools and the local community, strengthening their ties to the next generation of workers.
We are currently at 15 ambassadors and counting! Here is a list of our ambassadors:
- Allyson Louie, AW609 Electrical Systems Engineer at Leonardo
- Cullen Walsh, Automation Engineer at Greene, Tweed & Co.
- Lindsay Farrell, Automation Engineer at Greene, Tweed & Co.
- Jaclyn Ulvila, Manufacturing Engineer at Greene, Tweed & Co.
- Lisa Miller, Automation Engineer at Greene, Tweed & Co.
- Molly Rind, Development Engineer I at Greene, Tweed & Co.
- Tyler Smith, Systems Control Engineer at Greene, Tweed & Co.
- Kevin Ravasio, Engineering Manager at Ameriscend
- Durell Williams, Process Technician at Lavazza
- Bridget Casey, Global Manager, Information Systems & Technology at Bracalente
- Chris Brown, Production Manager at Liberty Coca Cola
- RJ Lualhati, Additive Manufacturing Manager at Globus Medical
- Tim Brown, Manufacturing Technician at Southco
- Nadine Trombley, Manager, Proj Management, Planning and Scheduling at PDC Machines
- Andrew Robinson, Production Technician at Polysciences
- Hannah Dixon, Process Engineer at Johnson Matthey
Special thanks to all of our amazing ambassadors as well as to the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) and our participating companies for helping us sponsor this program. Their support and dedication to the future of the manufacturing industry is truly appreciated.
The DVIRC Dream Team is a vital program for the future of manufacturing in the United States. By inspiring the next generation of workers, the program helps to ensure the industry’s long-term success and provides manufacturers with a platform to showcase their company and the opportunities available in their field.
If you’re a manufacturer looking to support the future of your industry by engaging the talent of the future, consider participating in the DVIRC Dream Team program. Sign up for the next Dream Team program to ensure your participation. Contact Hannah McGarry, Director of Workforce Engagement.