This new course takes the critical components from DVIRC’s Level One Lean Certification course and creates a refined package for those looking to learn and implement Lean tools. This course is a great first step in a student’s Lean journey.
Why Lean Tools & Essentials Certification?
Waste lies at the heart of virtually all processes–on the shop floor or in the front office– and without a structured, proven means of identifying and reducing that waste, you are sure to lose money and productivity. This course provides the essential tools needed to enable practitioners to implement continuous improvement processes at their companies.
During the course, each participant will complete a project unique to their company to solve a business improvement problem. Beyond the specific project, the course enables participants to take the tools learned to become effective change agents. This class also encourages interaction with other learners to share ideas for improvements across different companies and industries.
The DVIRC Difference
This course takes elements from DVIRC’s Level One Lean Cert course and concentrates on the specific tools needed to improve processes. This unique approach allows participants to develop the necessary skills in a significantly reduced amount of time and financial investment.
Using our unique learn and apply method, attendees will have the ability to practice these tools in a guided, simulated environment. They will even experience how Lean principles are applied in a simulated production environment, equipping them with the fundamentals of Lean thinking…and doing. The course is taught by a Master Black Belt who also devotes individual coaching time to each student and his/her project.
Specific Workshops Included in this Certification
- A3 Thinking & Teaming – 9/13/2022
- Value Stream Mapping – 9/20/2022
- Coaching Day – 9/27/2022
- Root Cause Analysis – 10/04/2022
- Single Minute Exchange of Dies & 5S – 10/11/2022
- Project Report Out – 10/18/2022
- Additional on-site, one-on-one consulting session with the trainer to assess progress, coach through challenges, and identify any outstanding issues. Date to be determined at a mutually agreed upon time between participant and trainer.
Who Should Take This Course?
Lean Tools & Essentials is ideal for manufacturing, quality, engineering, or office employees who will be the hands-on practitioners of Lean. It is highly encouraged that when deciding who to send to this class, you draw from a pool of front office and shop floor personnel.
On average, each project can yield up to $50,000 in cost savings!
In this course, participants will:
- Gain an understanding of Lean tools, and their advantages and applications
- Understand how to recognize and eliminate waste through the PLAN-DO-CHECK-ACT (PDCA) cycle
- Determine key activity categories: value added, non-valued-added, and necessary non-value-added
- Identify and map the value stream, pinpointing areas that require improvement
- Have one-on-one coaching time with the Master Black Belt course instructor
- Turn data into actionable information to quantify problems and prioritize countermeasures
- Apply what they learn to an actual Continuous Improvement project at their facility to develop solutions to eliminate waste
- Build essential skills related to job instructions, relations, and methods
- Network and learn from peers
Cancellations received up to 5 business days prior to class start date will not be charged the training fee, or will be refunded if payment has already been submitted. Cancellations 1-3 business days prior to class will be charged the training fee. As a courtesy, we will allow you to apply 50% of your payment towards a future training course within one year of the cancellation date. No refund will be provided for same-day cancellations and no-shows; customer is responsible for full payment without future training credit. Registrant substitutions may be made at any time. Cancellations must be submitted via email to email@example.com or by phone at 215-552-3827.
All visitors are required to be vaccinated or are willing or to take a rapid test upon entering the building. Unvaccinated visitors must take a rapid test supplied by DVIRC and receive a negative response. If there is room space will be provided for social distancing and masks are optional.
Considering the test will take about 15 minutes to process, all trainees (or other guests) should plan to arrive early to ensure they can meet this requirement before they proceed to training or to their schedule meeting in the building.