“What’s So Cool About Manufacturing?” Announces 2019 Philadelphia Region Student Video Awards
Record Setting Online Votes and Attendance Highlight the Greater Philadelphia Area Ceremony
Over 900 people attended the “What’s So Cool About Manufacturing?” awards ceremony held Monday, April 8, 2019 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA. The student video contest received 129,897 votes over a three-day voting period. Both set records in this region’s third year in the contest.
The video with the most votes received the “Viewer’s Choice Award.” The videos were also reviewed by a panel of judges for awards in ten other categories, including Outstanding ‘COOL’ and Outstanding Creativity.
“The students and teams put a tremendous amount of work into this project,” says Barry W. Miller, President & CEO of Delaware Valley Industrial Resource Center (DVIRC), which hosted the event. “Each year we continue to see this contest expand and elevate in success…it is rewarding to watch the program achieve its intended purpose… educating students and their communities about the vital role of careers in manufacturing in a cool and creative way.”
This year’s awards are as follows:
- Outstanding Overall Program: Neil A. Armstrong Middle School – Macron Dynamics
- Outstanding Editing: Russell Conwell Middle School – Grip Flex Corporation
- Outstanding Creativity: Taamanend Middle School – ABB, Inc.
- Outstanding “Cool”: Pennridge South Middle School – Daria Metal Fabricators, Inc.
- Outstanding Team Spirit: East Norriton Middle School – First Quality
- Outstanding Educational Value: Upper Moreland Middle School – Ball Metalpack
- Outstanding Videography: Keith Valley Middle School – PMRS, Inc
- Viewer’s Choice: Pennridge Central Middle School – Secant Group
- Outstanding Outreach Plan: Pennridge Central Middle School – Secant Group
- Outstanding Career Pathway: Our Lady of Mercy Regional Catholic School – AWE Tuning
Presented by DVIRC, with teaming partners eMediaWorks, Sahl Communications and EmpowerStar Marketing, the Philadelphia Region’s third annual “What’s So Cool About Manufacturing?” Student Video Contest focuses on matching Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia county schools with major manufacturing companies in the Greater Philadelphia area. This is one of 15 regional contests scheduled in Pennsylvania for the 2018-2019 school year.