Finance & Quality Workshops
ISO 9001:2015 Transition Planning
The task of trying to understand the revised standard’s effect on your organization can be a daunting task. By attending this workshop you will be armed with information to help you understand the critical points to consider and what steps you can take now to have the most successful transition.
In this workshop you will get answers to the following questions:
- What steps should you be taking now to prepare?
- What is the difference between the old and the new standard?
- What are the benefits of early implementation?
- What will happen if you don’t successfully transition on time?
ISO Internal Auditor (2 day workshop)
This training will cover both the newly released ISO 9001:2015 standard and the ISO 9001:2008 standard. The course will provide a bridge between the two. Students will learn to audit both versions of the standard.
This workshop will prepare you to audit your operations accurately.
We’ll guide you through the audit process and provide instruction on how to prepare an audit plan, conduct opening meetings, audit documents and records, document your findings, hold a closing meeting and write the audit report.
- Receive an in-depth introduction to the ISO Standard and become familiar with critical audit requirements
- Reduce quality problems by maintaining good process controls
- Retain your ISO Certification
- Grow your business with consistently good business practices
For all Levels of Management (Based on the Harvard Business Review Guide to Finance Basics for Managers: speak the language; decide with data; manage profitably)
DVIRC is offering financial management training for all managers and supervisors. The five-session course is built around the Harvard Business Review (HBR) Guide to Finance Basics for Managers. Course materials include the HBR book and a sample set of manufacturing financial statements. In addition, participants can bring their company’s financial statements to each session for guidance on their company’s performance.
The course is structured to enhance the knowledge of the following participants
- Small company owners and leadership team members
- Larger company non-financial management team members (sales, marketing, operations, quality, engineering, customer service, and administrative)
- Financial staff who would benefit from this review or for developing a higher level of skills to support advancement
What you will learn
- Speak the language of finance
- Gain a solid grasp of the key financial statements
- Size up your vulnerability to industry downturns
- Shift your focus from revenues to profits
Costing Work Centers and Operations
This half-day workshop will teach participants how to update work center costing so that quotes have maximum profit margins and are marketplace competitive. We will walk you step by step through the activities required to translate your company’s financial information into accurate costs that become winning quotes. Learn the process that over 100 area manufacturers have followed to help them price their products and quote jobs successfully.
- Learn to calculate the full cost of employees and how to group or allocate them to avoid using factory-wide rates for direct labor
- Recognize the economic value of older equipment that is used every day but has no depreciation
expense on the financial statements
- Segregate overhead to cost categories that are most relevant to how the company works
- Understand the impact of fixed and variable expenses on overhead allocation
- Combine these cost categories as they apply to the different products and jobs that you quote so
that marketplace competitive margins can be optimized