IWCM® Training & Education
DVIRC’s Institute of World Class Manufacturing® (IWCM®) was established in 1995 to focus on providing the region’s 4,500 manufacturers with best practice tools to compete and grow. During this time DVIRC has instructed over 2,000 of those companies. Through the Institute, DVIRC has had the privilege of engaging over 4,000 individuals in our performance-driven Certification Programs, workshops and on-site learning programs.
The IWCM® ‘s proven “learn and do” systems approach to educational programming not only generates results but helps to build the learning culture companies need to compete in today’s environment.
The Institute also continues to improve and grow its offerings for the region’s manufacturers. Here are a few:
- The IWCM® has established an IWCM® Advisory Board from the private sector, drawing from both regional and national individuals to provide valuable input into what manufacturers need to support growth.
- The IWCM® has launched new programs to support top line growth, a key opportunity for manufacturers as the economy improves that will help them capture that all-important thing called “market share.”
- The IWCM® has upgraded and improved its Certification Programs (Level One Lean Certification and Level Two Lean Champions) to support the more comprehensive on-site Continuous Improvement Program designed to be DVIRC’s most comprehensive lean implementation service that connects directly to a growth strategy.
- The Institute has expanded Organizational Learning offerings to build skills in employees to engage them to help grow the business.
- The IWCM® has added a new Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) program to support the region’s food and drug companies.
The bottom line: DVIRC wants to provide efficient and cost effective services to help you “grow your business value.” We recognize that you have limited resources and that you need to spend those resources on services that provide the greatest positive impact on the value of your business. We also recognize that every company is different and often needs a “customized” approach to deal with specific business issues. DVIRC would like the opportunity to discuss those issues and work with you to address them.
See Events page for workshops and certifications near you.