10:00am - 2:30pm
200 W. Stewart Huston Dr. Coatesville, PA 19320 (map)
This class is being hosted at: CTDI in Coatesville, PA. Thank you to CTDI for opening their doors.
“DVIRC’s Supervisor Training was an invaluable exercise for us. Our team members came away from it highly energized and confident in their ability to apply what they learned. Best of all, though, was improved communication and understanding among all who participated—which set the stage for the kind of culture we’re trying to build at CTDI.” – Cathryn King, Branch Manager, CTDI
This program is ideal for individuals who are currently being considered for (or considering) a supervisory position, individuals who have recently been promoted to the role of supervisor, and for anyone that has been supervising people using the “school of hard knocks” as their training program.
Successfully making the transition from being a great technical performer to being a great supervisor requires learning how to stop doing the work that earned that promotion and start doing the work of a supervisor. This workshop is a foundational component of professional development and introduces many of the key skills a supervisor needs including the things that matter most when it comes to motivating others. In addition this program will help supervisors know when and how to give productive feedback and how to deliver and modify training that accommodates different learning styles and generates optimal results.
- Understand what you can and cannot expect as a supervisor
- Build your confidence in being an effective front line leader
- Learn different leadership styles, and how to determine which style will work best with different individuals
- Learn to provide coaching and feedback that unlocks the potential in all employees
- Increase your effectiveness at providing instruction and developing your team
4 Half Day sessions (one per week)
- Transitioning to Supervisor – 1/25/18
- Giving Feedback and Motivating Others – 2/8/18
- Addressing Negative Attitudes – 2/22/18
- Conducting Effective Training – 3/8/18