8:30am - 4:30pm
2905 Southampton Road Philadelphia, PA (map)
Are you searching for the answer to, “How can our continuous improvement process survive and thrive?” Kata addresses this challenge providing the framework for a sustainable problem solving culture incorporating targeted experimentation and personal learning.
Who Should Attend?
Management Development, Level One Lean Certification, Level Two Champions and Six Sigma graduates
The workshop is designed for anyone with a fundamental understanding of continuous improvement and is particularly helpful for organizational leaders with a desire to facilitate positive continuous improvement, including CEOs, Managers, Supervisors,Lean Champions and Facilitators
In this workshop, you will learn about two specific behavior routines, or Kata. First, Improvement Kata is a repeating routine of establishing challenging target conditions, working step-by-step through obstacles and learning from problems encountered along the way. Second, Coaching Kata is a pattern of teaching improvement Kata to employees at every level, ensuring that it permeates their thinking and actions. Participation in the Improvement Kata simulation makes it easy to understand how the Toyota Kata trajectory components come together. The interactive simulation brings Kata “to life” as team members PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) their way through the Kata process en route toward meeting challenging target conditions.
- Learn to move from an “event driven” culture to a “daily driven” culture that allows for rapid response to meet the changing demands of the marketplace
- Develop people through the Coaching Kata
- Establish a clear understanding of Current Conditions
- Define short-term Target Conditions
- Increase ability to effectively communicate an organizational Vision & Strategy
- Learn to drive sustainable results
- Improve employee engagement