Business Development Manager
In this position your primary responsibility will be to develop and qualify leads to obtain new business, and to build new relationships with prospective clients. Business development activities include leveraging current relationships and referral networks, developing and utilizing professional and trade association connections, attending a variety of business events, utilizing social media platforms to identify prospects, gathering intelligence and making connections, and following up on marketing initiatives, campaigns and events.
In addition, you will promote the DVIRC brand and ensure that DVIRC is recognized as the premier solutions provider for manufacturers in Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Chester and Delaware counties.
- Superior prospecting and business rapport-building skills.
- Excellent consultative sales abilities and analytical skills, experienced at qualifying and aligning clients’ business goals with appropriate results-driven solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, non-verbal, public speaking, and writing skills.
- Must be an active listener and continuous learner capable of working within diverse manufacturing industries.
- Must be self-motivated, capable of working independently and as a team player.
- Technical skills to include CRM sales tools, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development (preferably selling professional services).
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
You will work within a dynamic, fast-paced culture with a team that is mission driven and passionate about providing high value-added and high-impact outcomes for a client base in diversified markets.
Competitive salary with compensation based on experience, and exceptional comprehensive benefits package with the opportunity for professional growth. This is a unique opportunity to work with one of the top performing national consulting centers with a mission to support and assist U.S. Manufacturers grow and compete.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume with cover letter and salary requirements in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes must be sent in Word format for consideration. DVIRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
The DVIRC (Delaware Valley Industrial Resource Center – www.dvirc.org) is a management consulting, economic development organization established in 1988. We focus on helping small and middle–market manufacturers improve their profitability, performance and competitive advantage.
DVIRC works with clients in three key practice areas: consulting Solutions for business growth and operational excellence; customized on-site and public Training and Education; and Executive Network Group Memberships. All services are delivered within the context of growing the market value of the company served.
Our diverse team of consultants includes experienced industry professionals that have functioned at every organizational level for leading U.S. manufacturers – from leadership roles with P&L responsibility to department heads and plant managers charged with business growth and operations. As client advocates, we are accountable for delivering solutions that achieve meaningful and measurable results.
Since 1988, we have helped generate over two billion dollars in value-added impact for our clients, and consistently achieve a 4.8 / 5.0 in customer satisfaction. DVIRC also connects manufacturers to regional, state and federal resources for a variety of business needs.